TIPS FOR THE NOVICE HORSEMAN
Tips on Horse Training, Raising a Horse and much much more will be posted on this page. So watch out for them. They could be invaluable resource for beginning horseman or seasoned veterans.
HOLDING YOUR LEAD ROPE
To avoid injury to your hand & arm, this is the proper way to hold your lead rope. Lay the rope back & forth in your hand. If your horse unexpectedly spooks, the rope will just pull right out of your hand.
This is the incorrect way to hold your lead rope. Never coil the rope in your hand. If you have a problem, the rope could coil around your finger, hand or arm. This has the potential to cause a bad injury.
- My First Tack Sale July 15, 2012
- Important Questions When Searching For A Horse Boarding Facility – Part 2 March 18, 2012
- Important Questions When Searching For A Horse Boarding Facility – Part 1 March 13, 2012
- Horse Show Etiquette For Spectators May 2, 2011
- Horse Chores For Your Springtime Checklist March 17, 2011
- Ride With Confidence After A Fall March 14, 2011
- Ask The Tack Store To Stock Your Favorite Products January 14, 2011
- Horse Riding Helmet – Replace It After A Fall January 10, 2011
- Take A Break From Lessons & Just Ride August 30, 2010
- 2010 Palomino World Show: Exhibitors Up; Temperature Up; Volunteers Down July 28, 2010
- Prepare For Saying Good-bye February 21, 2010
- It’s Too Cold To Ride When . . . January 5, 2010